If you are a center or vendor with an existing data interface to eNICQ 5, you will need to consider what changes in eNICQ 6 will require rework of your current system.
Changes to External Data Interface for eNICQ 6:
- Text file import now accepts text files in XML, JSON or CSV format.
- Direct write to database now requires writing an XML or JSON structure to a data field.
Changes to this Documentation for 1.1.0: This documentation has been revised as of April 2018 to include design changes to the External Data Interface as well as clarity on some issues.
- Added: Information on auto-population of VON ID field.
- Added: Appendix on escaping special characters in XML.
- Removed: Information on Code Description concatenation (this feature dropped.)
- Removed: References to "Deleted" field (this feature not supported.)
- Revised: Sample files. Original sample files were not compatible with revisions to EDI.
About the Sample Files: Please note that under the eNICQ 6 model, not all data items need to be included in every record. This is particularly apparent in the XML and JSON records where data items that are not populated simply don't appear in the data format. For example, if you look at record ID 4591, you will see that it is a 2018 birth year record with answers that force nearly all possible data items for 2018 to appear. On the contrary, ID 4579 in the data set is a 2016 birth year record and shows the data items SRGLIG and SRGLIGWD, which are discontinued in 2018 and can only be shown in earlier birth year records.
Sample files are set to "Hospno 9999" which is compatible with an Expanded certification test installation in eNICQ 6.
About prcLoadExternalData: Based on developer request, we put together a stored procedure that can be used to handle your direct write to tblExternalData in eNICQ 6. It can be used to wrap your data write activity, or to confirm your understanding of how the database write is intended to be performed in your own code. You can download and run the procedure to create it on your database.