The eNICQ 6 installer no longer has the ability to edit the connection file like the eNICQ 5 installer did. Instead we have a separate tool to do this. You will need to be able to get to the directory C:\ProgramData\von but Program Data is a hidden folder. To make it a visible folder please see the instructions in Chapter 3 of the eNICQ 6 Installation Guide.
Also, please do this with the help of your Database Administrator or whomever else in your IT department manages your databases.
Here are the instructions on downloading and running the eNICQ 6 Connection File Editor:
1. Download all 12 files at the bottom of this article into one folder on the computer you are going to be updating the eNICQ 6 Connection File
2. Open C:\ProgramData\von and copy the Connection.enicq file to the desktop. Delete it from this location.
3. Open the folder where you saved all the files for the eNICQ 6 Connection File Editor and double-click on enicq6ConnectionEditor.exe (note: if you are not showing all extensions you will probably see enicq6connectioneditor and you will see another file called enicq6ConnectionEditor.exe. The former would be the correct file, the latter is actually a configuration file).
4. That will open the eNICQ 6 Connection File Editor:
5. Open the File menu in the top left and click Open
6. Browse to where you moved the Connection.enicq file, select it, and click Open:
7. You will see the current information saved on the connection file. Edit it however it needs to be edited. If you hadn't entered proxy information before but need to enter it now select in the bottom left the authentication type used for the proxy server.
8. Once you're sure the information is correct open the File menu again and click Save. Make sure it is saved back to C:\ProgramData\von and the file name is Connection.enicq.