Crowd Wisdom™ System Requirements (updated Sept-Oct 2014)
Quick link to this page: http://bit.ly/di-crowdwisdom-settings
We try to keep a simple rule of thumb:
Learners need and should have simple, intuitive access without obstacles to the learning experience - similar to how they access their preferred banking or travel site.
Most common profiles support:
So we aim to cover the most common settings and configuration- while making a key focus on system performance and a good learning experience.
This means: fast page downloads, quick image views, and multimedia streamed smoothly through a Content Delivery Network (when possible and acceptable for the client.) Digital Ignite delivers on an international scale, reaching learners all around the world, leveraging a globally-scalable infrastructure.
Operating Systems and Devices
- We standardize access to the Windows versions XP and above, and Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and above
- Crowd Wisdom™ will maintain active support for the 2 most recent public versions of Android and iOS device platforms. Most older versions will also function fine, however, to minimize the scope of possible QA and configuration support, we officially list the last 2 versions.
- Internet Explorer: We have officially supported IE 7 and up (although, please note that Microsoft has itself warned against versions older than IE 8.0)
- Mozilla Firefox: (most recent 2 public versions).
- Chrome and Safari: most recent 2 public versions. We also support learners on Safari and Google Chrome. Most older versions will also function fine, however, to minimize the scope of possible QA and configuration support, we officially list the last 2 versions.
Connection speeds from standard broadband access will obviously improve learning experience within courseware itself.
Plug-Ins, Add-on Components, and Multimedia Support
No required downloads for the Crowd Wisdom™ platform. However, courseware and learning materials requirements vary and will depend on the content itself and its publisher’s requirements. It is our experience that most e-learning courseware typically requires specific plug-ins such as Adobe Flash to view multimedia.
Products listed as multimedia in Crowd Wisdom™ will use the popular video player, JW Player by . This is the same player used by YouTube and most major websites. Should your organization produce video, we highly recommend the following settings as outlined by JW Player: (click to view article on video settings)