NOTE: an alternate presentation of this issue uses the error message "index was outside the bounds of the array". So far as we've seen, the solution works for both error message presentations of the issue in most cases.
A few centers are reporting an issue when trying to import the data from eNICQ 5 into eNICQ 6. The error message on the Import Log says "Header field count does not match row field count".
We are currently working on a solution for this but in the meantime we currently have a workaround that has been successful in addressing the issue.
1. Open the CSV file as a spreadsheet using Excel or other similar program
2. Scroll to the right until you see the last Header (centers that are VLBW only will be column "FU" with ROPANTIVEGF for the header but for centers certified for Expanded Data it will be column GS with the header NICU_ADMSN)
3. Right click on the column just after the last header (if I'm correct about your last header in the step above it will be column FV which should have no header)
4. Select Delete from the menu
5. Save the file.
6. You will probably get a message which says your file "may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma delimited). Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?" Click the Yes button.
7. Close the file. If it asks if you want to save it you can select "Don't Save" since it was already saved in the step above.
8. Try importing it again.