- Obtain your center's license key.
- Determine the SQL instance you will be installing the eNICQ 6 database on. The eNICQ 6 database needs to be created using the eNICQ 6 installer found here. You will also find the minimum requirements for SQL server and Workstations here.
- DBA or Technical support person with SA permissions to the SQL instance.
- Determine if you are going to use Active Directory (AD) or VON login security model. For additional information on these options please see our installation guide.
eNICQ 6 installation steps:
- Download and extract the eNICQ 6 installer.
- On the welcome screen for a first time install you will select “No” that you do not have an existing connection file and click next.
- Enter your License key and click next.
- Select the first option to create the e6 database on a standard or enterprise server and click next.
- Enter the SQL instance server name, modify the Database name if you wish. Select Windows Authentication (recommended) then click next.
- Select Active Directory or VON logins and click next. If you chose Active Directory the next screen will ask for the AD Admin and User group names. Do not use spaces. If you chose VON logins, see this document on how this is managed by your VON Services Administrator.
You have now completed the database installation portion of eNICQ 6. Please now navigate to c:/programdata/von on this workstation and make a copy of the connection.enicq file to use for setting up additional clients.
- Now you will need to set up the permissions and roles for the users or AD groups that will need to access the SQL instance and eNICQ 6 database. This will be completed by your centers DBA with access to the the SQL server and SSMS.
- Launch SSMS on the SQL instance where eNICQ 6 is located.
- Following the instructions on page 25 of the eNICQ 6 installation guide you will give each group or AD user the proper permissions and roles to the eNICQ 6 database.