User would like to make a recording that will be saved and can be re-used.
From the 8x8 desktop application:
- click on your profile picture (or initials)
- select Voicemail setup
- sign into the system
From the 8x8 Configuration Manager (https://vo-cm.8x8.com/user-profile/voiceMail)
- Click on Voicemail settings on the left
- Chose the greeting you would like to record and click Change in that section
- You can chose which greetings you would like to change or record; External voicemail greeting, Voicemail name and last name, or Internal voicemail greeting
- On the Audio files screen, select Create Audio Files
- Select By calling a number to record
- Enter a Name for your audio file, a note and make sure your extension is filled in (change this to a phone number if you aren't near where your work phone will ring).
- Click Call now
- Your phone will ring and you will see this message
- Once you have finished the recording and the phone system has said "Goodbye". Hang up and click "Finished Recording".
- Select your recording from the list by clicking Select
- Click Save